BV Adventure Hub prides itself on being Buena Vista’s one-stop-shop for all things outdoor adventure including side-by-side ATV tours and rentals, whitewater rafting, stand up paddle boarding, horseback riding, zip line tours and more.
New this year, BV Adventure Hub is adding a new type of adventure to its line-up – Polaris Slingshot on-road rides. Yes, you can finally zoom down the highway in a vehicle resembling something Batman would drive or your favorite racecar in Nintendo’s Mario Kart!
If you’re not yet familiar with it, Polaris Slingshot is a three-wheeled motorcycle with a lightweight design and capacity to reach upwards of 173 HP. With a SL 5 speed manual transmission, the 3 wheeled on-road vehicle is ideal handling the twists and turns of Colorado mountain driving.
The Slingshot accommodates up to 2 people and is equipped with electronic stability, ABS brakes, power steering and premium Rockford audio so you can listen to your favorite tunes. The Polaris vehicle has a fairly large glovebox that is weatherproof and locks to safely and securely store your personal belongings. There are also weatherproof and lockable compartments behind the seats for more storage.
Buena Vista is one of Colorado’s iconic towns with picturesque views of Sawatch Mountain Range, San Isabel National Forest and the Arkansas River. Embrace your inner road warrior and smoothly drive through canyons and over mountain passes, then break for lunch or shopping in other Colorado destinations – all from your full-day Polaris Slingshot rental from BV Adventure Hub.
Depending on your ideal ride length, here are a few places to show off your Slingshot and turn heads when parked in the lot!
- Breckenridge: Take US-285 N for 60 miles or US-24 W for 74 miles to the town of Breckenridge which is known for its ski resort, year-round alpine activities and Gold Rush history.
- Vail: Take US-285 N for 96 miles or US-24 W for 79 miles to Vail, Colorado which is nestled within the White River National Forest. Vail is a popular summertime destination for golfing, hiking and cultural festivals.
- Aspen: Take CO-82 for 63.5 miles or I-70 W for 164 miles to Aspen, Colorado, a popular mountain town with year-round outdoor activities. Aspen is also known for high-end restaurants and shopping.
- Salida: Take US-285 S for 25 miles and venture to Buena Vista’s neighbor, Salida. Visit Browns Canyon National Monument, a 21,586-acre national site offering whitewater rafting, hiking and fishing along with wildlife viewing.
- Crested Butte: Take US-50 W for 111 miles and drive through the West Elk Loop, Historic Byway and Kebler Pass to take in the natural wildlife and colorful aspen trees in fall.
- Great Sand Dunes National Park: Take CO-17 for 104 miles or US 285 S for 126 miles and visit the Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve in Southern Colorado. The Sand Dunes are known for huge dunes like the towering Star Dune, and for the seasonal Medano Creek and beach created at the base of the dunes.
- Royal Gorge Bridge & Park: Take CO-9 for 80 miles or US-50 E for 78 miles and visit the Royal Gorge Bridge near Cañon City, Colorado. It also includes a 360-acre amusement park the whole family will enjoy.
Full-day rentals are available starting at $275, plus taxes and fees. Open seasonally May through October.
Mention this blog post and get 10% off your next Slingshot ride with us at BV Adventure Hub.